Thursday, June 09, 2011

Back again

I have been trying to figure out how the blog fits in my life. Basically, it hasn't for a couple of years now.

But I love to write, and writing helps me to organize my thoughts. So I have a new plan. I'm going to try and post at least 3 times a week. The posts will be as varied as my interests - one may be something new that I discovered about programming while working; another may come from politics or religion; others may just be from everyday life. I will try to make it all interesting, and hopefully the blog will be discovered again. But even if not, this will be the place where I can look back an remember what has happened.

But this post has another, more sinister purpose (cue music) - I want to get a link back to my new company's web site in place. So, here is a shameless plug/postback to the site in an effort to get Google to notice it. You can find my company at: www.mypeoplematter.com. The company makes church management software that runs in a browser. It is designed primarily for smaller churches - it doesn't have all of the bells and whistles of the well-established packages. But it is my experience that most churches don't want all of those things. They just need a few features: contact management, donation tracking, directories and communications, and accounting. When I finish the accounting piece in the next few weeks, I will have all of these features. And my pricing is designed for smaller churches, just a minimal monthly subscription fee, tiered based on church size. A church of under 120 will pay just $25/month for the entire package, only $15/month if they don't need accounting.

Anyways, that's what's up. If you're still out there, it's nice to be speaking again.

No comments: