Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Communication

I'll come back to this one, but I've got to get it off my chest. This morning I pick up Scientific American, and am greeted with a number of recommendations that I as a Christian adopt someone else's worldview. But one phrase, at the end of their opening editorial, jumped out at me: "The policy fight over embryonic stem cells, for example, centers on when and how one segment of a pluralistic society should curtail the behaviors of those who hold a different view." Funny, I thought the debate was over how far a moral society can go in opportunistically using the resources of the least fortunate before it undermines its entire foundation and collapses.

The problem is, we are talking about the same issue, but choosing language guaranteed to keep either of us from communicating.

More on this later.

1 comment:

the-unintentional-blogger said...

I think your right on with this one. I can't wait to read more of your thoughts on this.