Monday, October 27, 2008

Arizona Proposition 300 - NO

Prop 300 is a pay raise for Arizona legislators.

I am not always against such pay raises. In general, I believe that not paying a legislature guarantees that only the wealthy can serve, because of the time involved. But as several of the comments in the Secretary of State booklet point out, the only real job given to the Arizona legislature by the constitution is the passing of a budget. This is technically true, and if you have read my initial comment on this subject, you know that I am not a big fan of the way that they have used the initiative process to avoid making politically difficult decisions.

Of course, we do get what we pay for, but it has been a long time since I felt we even got that from this group.

I recommend voting NO on 300.

No comments: